Wednesday, September 1, 2010

In America...

everyday i get up and the first things on my mind generally are: i have to clean or cook or mabbe run away from the landlord or go out and do grocery shopping or visit a friend's birthday party or cook kosher food for the fast or plan and practice and participate in a cultural event or attend a seminar....i always thought that is was is queer because I haven't come to America to actually do any of it! I have come here to study to learn and grow...and i realise that academics features a lot below my priority list! Everyday i tell myself that once i settle i would begin to study...and funnily everyday owing to one or the other occassion i am unsettled :) :)...

But now when i look at all those tasks from a top view, i realise that they infact are in alignment with my basic objective...to learn and grow as a person. I never moved a spoon in my home country and here i cook exotic cuisines for about half dozen people...is that not learning? or maybe going to bank and checking your finances...something that my dad always did for me! basically i am learning new things...especially those things which i always took for granted! another change in outlook is towards health...in india health never featured on my list...i knew that if i am indisposed there is my mom to pamper me and take care of me..my sister would run and get medicines for me...but here i have to be extra cautious about my health...i don't have to independent in individual tasks but also in those team activities...!

in india all i had to do was study..and yet i used to crib about it...here with these gamut activities if i manage to scrape a C, i would be proud of myself...

As an F1 citizen in America, i have realised the importance of being a default citizen of my own country...and i have realised that i am indeed growing...knowledge and tact of leading a good and healthy life and more important than cracking absurd probability problems :) :)

2 comments:

Kunal Mudgal said...

oye!

first of all..u will get a A!

Its good na that u are learning so much..maybe initial problem rahega because there is so much to do..and so little time..but once u settle down..its shud be fine..

If you look back later, this experience of staying away from home would hold u in good stead always :) :)

shweta said...

do ever care abt articles?? :-P...it is "an A" and not "a A"... :-P:-P
thnx 4 d encouragement!!!