Saturday, August 30, 2008

The Happy Man’s Song

I went in search of a happy man’s cloak
Only to return empty-handed
I was upset; I was agonized;
So I decided to pull happiness towards me.

With this thought,
I sucked in the colours of the rainbows
The fragrance of the daffodils
And I swallowed the melody of birds
The greenery of the leaves
I pulled within myself the radiant sun, the quiescent moon
And took in me the happy spring

The mixture thus churned in me.
But…
But began to spread in my veins
Like the poison of the serpent
And so I swelled, and swelled and swelled
And bursted
And I died.

My soul was taken and placed at the feet of Divine Mother
But She forbade me ‘moksha’
My thirst was not quenched
My soul was still restless.

So I came back
In a new form

This time,
I seized in the infinite expanse of cosmos
The irreversibility of time
The triumphant waves of the ocean
And I pulled in the speed of the wind
And I grabbed in the forces that control nature

The mixture thus churned in me
But again spread like vermin
I swelled, and swelled and swelled
And bursetd
And I died.

Yet again I tried to take solace at Her feet
And yet again she sent me back.

This time I thought,
Lets’ take what I never took before
And so,
I borrowed the tears
I pulled in me the agonizing wails, the banishing howls
I took in me the dead, decayed, decomposed
I swallowed the dirt, disability and helplessness

And the mixture churned in me
And it began to flow through my veins
This time healing every part it touched
I started feeling as I never felt before
I swelled this time in eternal bliss
And swelled, and swelled, and swelled
And bursted
And I died.

Only this time to never return again.

3 comments:

manasi said...

heya dats cool ha.......ekdum mast.....sahi poem......finaallllly it came out of that stupid notebook of urs......lol....good work

Spectator said...

hey, good poem... really energizing !

Kunal Mudgal said...

hey

really nice poem...really made me think..hope to read a lot more..!